Plate 147 is a 1963 view from the south of a small development for the Laporte Chemical Company. Barytes, produced by the Silverband mine, was carried by aerial rope-way from a crushing plant at the mine to the bunker and hopper located by a new siding to the right of the goods shed. (/location-summaries/structure-280040) (See Fig. 52). By the time the photograph was taken the siding had been removed. The goods shed is for three wagons, as originally planned.
Note the typical S&C location of the loading gauge (/location-summaries/structure-280030) near the entrance to the goods shed (/location-summaries/structure-280040); on this occasion an LMS pattern reinforced-concrete posted structure has replaced the Midland variety.
Also in the distance (on the left of the plate) is the main station building and booking office on the up platform.
Figure 50 shows the track layout for Long Marton based upon information from Midland Railway surveys for 1911 and 1912.