Explore the SCRCA: v1 - Interactive Maps
This page allows you to 'virtually explore' the Settle-Carlisle Railway Conservation Area (SCRCA) using a set of interactive maps. It mimics a 'real world' visit, so markers are only displayed for assessed standing structures and open / operational sites where a default image is available.
- If desired, set the filter then click / tap the 'Apply Filter' button.
- If you set the filter to 'Any', be patient. More than 700 locations will be mapped and this takes time.
- Note that the marker-positioning is approximate. (It can never be entirely accurate due to slight variations in the positioning of the map / aerial imagery tiles across different map types and scales.)
- To view the name of a location and a photo, click / tap on its marker.
- Unfortunately, it is currently NOT possible to switch between the maps and aerial imagery via 'layers'. However, the aerial imagery is available via the 'Explore Using Aerial Imagery' option.
Errors and omissions