Explore the SCRCA: v2 - Aerial Imagery
This page allows you to 'virtually explore' the Settle-Carlisle Railway Conservation Area (SCRCA) using aerial imagery. It mimics a 'real world' visit, so markers are only displayed for assessed standing structures and open / operational sites.
- If desired, set the filter then click / tap the 'Apply Filter' button.
- If you set the filter to 'Any', be patient. More than 600 locations will be mapped and this takes time.
- Locations are only displayed if a default image is available.
- Note that the positioning of the markers can only ever be approximate. This is due to slight variations in the positioning of the third-party maps and aerial imagery.
- To view the name of a location and a photo, click / tap on its marker.
- Unfortunately, it is currently NOT possible to switch between the aerial imagery and maps via 'layers'. However, the maps are available via the 'Explore Using Maps' option.
Errors and omissions