If you have any information, photographs, cine-film / video footage, plans or drawings relating to the design, construction, use, or demolition / removal of sites or structures within the Settle Carlisle Railway Conservation Area (SCRCA) that you are willing to share with the SCRCA Project team, please contact us.
When doing so, please briefly state the nature and content of the information / material in question, along with your terms regarding its use. (We will respect and comply with any reasonable terms regarding the use of all such material and we are happy to discuss and agree such terms in advance. However, please be aware that the SCRCA Project is a non-commercial undertaking run entirely by volunteers and that we do not currently have the financial means to pay for submitted material.)
Please note that we need written permission from all relevant copyright owner(s) BEFORE we can upload any material to this website.
Notes regarding images
- We are especially seeking photographs, video footage and cine-film clips / stills relating to the SCRCA that clearly show:
- sites or structures that currently have no default image;
- sites or structures that are no longer clearly visible from a publicly accessible location;
- sites that have been cleared and / or structures that have been demolished (especially those listed here);
- how a site or structure has changed over time or how it appeared during each of the major periods (MR, LMS, wartime, BR-steam, BR-diesel, post-privatisation),
- sites or structures from a different perspective or viewpoint to the images already available in the database;
- sites or structures more clearly or attractively than the images already available in the database; and
- sites or structures during 'adverse' weather conditions (e.g. during periods of flood, ice or snow accumulation, very poor visibility, etc.).
- We are also seeking photographs and other image-based material that clearly illustrate key railway-related operational practices at various stages through history.
- While the SCRCA Project database does not currently include signals or other minor structures (e.g. telegraph poles, pre BR trackside cabinets, etc.), we are interested in photographs that feature these details as we may be able to use them to illustrate future articles covering past and present operational practices.
- We are happy to use photographs that include trains (i.e. railway locomotives, passenger carriages and / or goods wagons), as long as those photographs also meet at least one of the criteria mentioned in items 1, 2 or 3 above.
- We are happy to use photographs that include people, as long as those photographs also meet at least one of the criteria mentioned in items 1, 2 or 3 above. However please note that, to avoid any problems relating to privacy or data protection legislation, we will normally obscure all faces prior to uploading the photographs unless the individuals concerned have provided us with prior written permission to leave their faces unobscurred.
- We would prefer to receive photographs in a commonly used digital format (preferably high quality or medium quality JPEG / JPG) with a minimum image size of 720 pixels widest side (preferably larger so that we can see more detail and to allow us to identify options for alternative cropping). However, we can arrange to digitise prints and slides if necessary. In the latter case, please note that we can NOT accept any responsibility or liability for originals that may become lost or damaged in transit. (If you are worried about the latter, we may be able to arrange a face-to-face handover at one of the stations or towns served by the Leeds-Settle-Carlisle passenger train service, although we will not be able to reimburse your travel costs etc.)