SCRCA Notes: Temporary notes relating to the history of Kirkby Thore Signal Box

Submitted by mark.harvey / Sat, 17/11/2012 - 18:08
Snippet Detail

The following information has been drawn from a range of sources and is included here as a temporary measure while the database is being constructed and populated.

  • Original MR box (precise location not known) opened as Mc Ghie's Siding SB in 1906 [source not recorded].
  • Demolished ???? (date not known, but the 1911 MR landplan shows a ‘Lever Box’ and a short siding straddling the 282 milepost). [1911 MR landplan]
  • LMS box opened 1947 [source not recorded].
  • Demolished ???? (date not known) [no source].
  • New box (consisting of a pair of portacabins stacked one on top of the other) opened at 282miles, 2 chains (down) in 1994 [source not recorded].