Plate 62 is a context view from the north west from May 1966. The fences on the fell-side were built in an attempt to prevent heavy snow drifting on to the track (see SCRCA structure 253040). The waiting shelter on the up line is built into the hillside, a retaining wall provided at the back of the platform (see SCRCA structure 253370). Passenger facilities were removed on 4 May 1971 although the station had been unstaffed for about three years.
Figure 27 shows the track layout at Dent Station based on information from Midland Railway surveys of 1876 and 1913. In 1964 the up lie-by was recovered and, coincidentally with signal box closure (1981), the sidings on the down side and the crossover were removed.