Figure 27 shows the track layout at Dent Station based on information from Midland Railway surveys of 1876 and 1913. In 1964 the up lie-by was recovered and, coincidentally with signal box closure (1981), the sidings on the down side and the crossover were removed.
Plate 68 is a view from the south from the end of the platform of the Coal Road over bridge (No 96). The use of brick construction for the entire bridge was comparatively rare at the southern end of the line. The down starter signal has a white sighting “board” in the form of a white panel painted on the bridge.
Figure 30 is an official drawing of the Bridge 96, over the Coal Road at Dent Station.