Figure 36 is a diagram of the track layout at Ais Gill, based upon information from a Midland Railway survey of 1913 and an LMS survey of 1938.
Plate 100 is a context view of the summit of the line at Ais Gill taken on 29 July 1965.
Plate 101 is a view from 1963. The signal box was brought into use on 26 April 1890, replacing an earlier structure at a cost of £250 (W & W Committee Minute No 17517, 3/11/1889). It was a wood construction, 16ft 6in x 11ft 6in x 8ft, contained a 16 lever tumbler frame, closed on 28 January 1981 and was subsequently removed to a preservation railway.
Plate 102 is Ais Gill in May 1961.
Figure 37 is a signalling diagram for Ais Gill, based upon information available for 1963.