Figure 40 shows the track layout for Kirkby Stephen station, based upon information from Midland Railway surveys in 1911 and 1912.
Plate 112 is a panoramic view from the east taken in 1970. The station approach is behind the wall which runs from right to left . The row of houses to the right is called Midland Terrace (SCRCA structure ref 266640). Those that can be seen beyond the bridge are Midland Cottages (SCRCA Structure ref 266660). The stationmaster occupied a house just off the picture on the right.
Plate 117 is a context view of the station taken from the north in July 1966. Note the weigh office on the station approach and the terrace houses on the left (SCRCA structure ref 266640) and the single storey cottages on the right (SCRCA structure ref 266660) of Bridge 181 (SCRCA structure ref 266650).
Plate 118 is a view from May 1962 from the northern end of the down platform looking north towards Intake bridge (occupation) (SCRCA structure ref 266700). Behind the Midland swan-necked water crane (SCRCA structure ref 266620) is Bridge No 181 (SCRCA structure ref 266650) which carried the railway over the Kirkby Stephen Road. This bridge is similar to the one detailed at Garsdale (Figure 34) and was strengthened in 1903 with the addition of a steel centre girder. Note the timber panelling still intact over the parapet railings.
Plate 145 is a photograph taken on October 1965 of bridge 254 (SCRCA structure ref 280140), an under bridge over the Long Marton Road, south of the station at Long Marton. The bridge was strengthened in 1904 by the addition of a steel centre girder (similar to bridges 115 (Garsdale)(Coal Road/Garsdale Station Road) (PROW - road) (SCRCA structure ref 256530) and No 181 (Kirkby Stephen) (A685 (PROW- road). Detail of the decorative parapet railing can be seen.