Figure 46 shows in two sections the track layout at Ormside based upon information from a Midland Road survey from 1912.
Plate 133 is a context view of Ormside station (/location-summaries/structure-274800) from the south east. The station building is a No 3 (small) building with light and dark stonework.
Original proposals were for a station at Asby, the next village south of Ormside. This would have resulted in a passenger station in the vicinity of Grisedale some three miles away. Later representations from local landowners resulted in the site being moved to this location.
Plate 134 shows the station (/location-summaries/structure-274800), the stationmaster’s house and workers’ cottages (/location-summaries/structure-274830) which formed a small community beside the railway but some distance from the village of Great Ormside. Goods facilities, which were minimal, were not decided upon until 1876. All traffic to this station ceased in June 1952.