SCRCA Secondary Reference: Review of Anderson & Fox (1986) for 280070

Submitted by keith.nunns / Mon, 22/06/2015 - 20:15
Snippet Detail

Plate 148 shows the Long Marton signal box brought into use on 29 July 1890.  It was of wood construction, measured 16ft 6in x 11ft 6in x 8ft and had a 20 lever tumbler frame.  The box closed on 22 March 1970 when signal arms were removed  and all points were secured, pending removal.  This action necessitated the transfer of control of the McGhie Siding ground frame to Appleby North box.

Figure 50 shows the track layout for Long Marton based upon information from Midland Railway surveys for 1911 and 1912.

Figure 51 shows the signalling diagram for Long Marton and nearby McGhies Siding (/location-summaries/structure-281980), based upon information available in 1961.

Figure 52 is a track plan detailing the additional siding for the Silverband Mine at Long Marton, from a survey by the LMS District Engineer’s office (Leeds) 1941.