SCRCA Secondary Reference: Review of Anderson & Fox (1986) for 285150

Submitted by keith.nunns / Tue, 07/07/2015 - 19:41
Snippet Detail

Plate 160 is a view from the station of the southern opening of Culgaith Tunnel in October 1984.  Having been cut through red marl, the 661 yard long tunnel had brick side walls, invert and arch, and stone faces.  it was constructed between 1870 and 1873 and had one ventilating shaft which was 74ft deep.