Plate 186 shows Lazonby siding in 1913.
The typical Settle & Carlisle style of goods shed (/location-summaries/structure-292740) was provided to hold three wagons. The wheel scotch, just outside the shed door, was an item usually provided on the rail at each end of a shed where through running was allowed.
Work is being carried out at the wagons at the far end, adjacent to the crane (/location-summaries/structure-292700). It would appear that the Midland Railway was about to move a large quantity of timber, stored at the yard awaiting shipment. Lazonby goods yard handled a great deal of lumber from forestry workings in the locality. Lazonby was also a centre for the auction of livestock, principally sheep, which were moved in large quantities; hence the need for storage of livestock vehicles on the long siding.