Plate 204 is a shot from the south showing the Armathwaite signal box (/location-summaries/structure-298220) on 20 July 1957.
In front of the box is the lamp hut.
Plate 205 shows Armathwaite signal box which was brought into use on 16 July 1899. It is of wood construction, measured 16ft 6in x 11ft 6in x 12ft, had a 16 lever tumbler frame, and a renewal cost of £260 (W &W Committee Minute No 17176, 18/5/1899). It closed on 15 January 1983.
A Midland corrugated-iron oil store is again in evidence.