- The signal box on this site opened on July 3rd, 1955, replacing a number of earlier ground-frames and signal boxes in different locations.
- It ceased to be used on a regular basis from around 1975, although it was opened for one day of WCML diversions on November 17th, 1983. It was closed permanently at some point after the latter date.
- Network Rail lodged a Planing Application with Eden District Council on 4th September 2012 requesting permission to demolish the structure (Planning Application Number 12/0781).
Further information regarding this planning application can be found in this
- On 7th November 2012 Eden District Council decided to GRANT conservation area consent for the demolition of this structure subject to work commencing within three years of the decision date.
- The structure was demolished during the second half of January 2013 and all that remained on 31st January 2013 was a newly levelled area of ground marking its former site.
Knowledge base compiled by and © Mark R. Harvey.