According to entries in the Midland Railway Company's Weekly Notices, the opening dates for the four signal boxes at Blea Moor were:
- Opened 2.8.1875
- Replacement box opened 4.12.1892
- Replacement box opened 28.6.1914
- Replacement box 60 yards to the south opened 16.12.1941
This information was kindly supplied by Dave Harris (the Study Centre Co-ordinator for the Midland Railway Study Centre in Derby).