According to the Midland Railway Company's weekly notices, there have been three different signal box structures on (or very close to) this geographic location on the 'down' side of the main running lines).
This entry in the SCRCA database covers all three of these structures, namely:
- The first signal box, which opened on 2nd August 1875.
- The second signal box, which opened on 4th December 1892 (replacing the first).
- The third signal box, which opened on 28th June 1914 (replacing the second) and closed on 16th December 1941.
During the Second World War, the signal box controlling Blea Moor sidings was relocated to the 'up' side of the main running lines to facilitate the lengthening of the lie-by sidings and their conversion into loops. This fourth signal box has its own entry in the database - see Location ID 248480.