Figure 19 shows the track layout at Blea Moor Sidings in approximately 1913.
Plate 47 is a useful (but undated) B&W context photograph that must have been taken prior to 1941: this north-looking view shows the signal box in its old position (beside the 'down' line)(See structure ref 248590); a water crane, several huts, the semi-detached workers' houses (see structure ref 248580) and the water tower / tank-house (see structure ref 248530). The accompanying text refers to ["Way and Works Committee Minutes No. 12660, 4/11/1892"] and quotes a ["renewal cost of £200"] for this earlier signal box. The text also states that this early signal box ["remained in use until 1941"], that it had to be removed to allow the extension of Blea Moor Sidings, and that ["a new LMS signal box was provided at that time"].
Plate 48 is a B&W context photograph taken from Turf Hill on ["1st May 1966"] which shows the entire Blea Moor Sidings area. The accompanying text states that the signalbox was ["brought into use on 20th September 1941"].
Plate 49 is a useful (but undated) B&W close-up elevation photograph shot from the north-west that shows the north and west elevation of the 1941 ["LMS pattern"] signal box. The text refers the reader to ["LMS Architecture, Plates 573 to 580"] for additional information about signal boxes of this type.
Figure 20 (based on information being obtained from ["a 1941 LMS drawing"]) shows the location of the 1941 replacement on the 'Up' side and the location of the box (see structure ref 248590) that it replaced on the 'Down' side.
Plate 50 is a useful B&W context photograph shot from the north-east on ["19th August 1967"] that does not show the signal box itself, but does show the pressed-steel water tank (see structure ref 248690).
Figure 21 shows the 1962 signalling diagram for Blea Moor Signal Box.
Plate 51 is a B&W context photograph shot from the north-west in ["Autumn 1972"] that clearly shows the Tank House (see structure ref 248530), lamp hut (see structure ref 248600), platelayers' hut (see structure ref 248490) and signalbox and their relative positions.
Plate 52 is a useful B&W context photograph shot from the south-west in ["May 1972"] that does not show the signal box itself, but does show the cluster of buildings immediately to the north, including the detached (see structure ref 248550) and semi-detached workers' housing (see structure ref 248580) and a timber-clad lineside hut (which the text speculates may be a relocated LNWR structure).