Plate 62 is a context view from the north west from May 1966. The snow huts are just visible between the main station building and the signal box. The fences on the fell-side were built in an attempt to prevent heavy snow drifting on to the track (see SCRCA structure 253040). The waiting shelter on the up line is built into the hillside (see SCRCA structure 253370), a retaining wall provided at the back of the platform. Passenger facilities were removed on 4 May 1971 although the station had been unstaffed for about three years.
Figure 27 shows the track layout at Dent Station based on information from Midland Railway surveys of 1876 and 1913. In 1964 the up lie-by was recovered and, coincidentally with signal box closure (1981), the sidings on the down side and the crossover were removed.
Plate 63 is an image from the south east from 1963 of Dent signal box (see SCRCA structure 253290) with the snow huts in the background.
Plate 65 is a context view from the north west of Dent station in 1970. The site of a station to serve Dentdale had been in doubt even after the line had opened to goods traffic. The 1872 proposals suggested a station at Dent Head , while later Arten Gill was mentioned. However, the present site at Monkey Beck, now known as Cowgill, was decided upon in November 1875, the station eventually opening in 1877.