The hospital for the Ribblehead Railway Construction Camp was located on the oblong patch of level ground (covered with short grass) that is clearly visible in the foreground of the image below.
SCRCA Structure 247330: Ribblehead Railway Construction Camp: Hospital
Key details from the Location Record
- Location Type
- Archaeological Site
- Location Variant
- Archaeologal Site - Other
- Assessment status
- Current Use(s)
- On MRC's 1911 landplan?
- Construction / installation period
- MR-C: Constructed by the Midland Railway Co. between 1869 and 31st December 1876.
- Distance from London St.Pancras
- 247 miles (chains not estimated)
- Position relative to running lines
- This location IS visible from nearby publicly accessible land.
- Accessibility (ease of access)
- Protection Category
- Scheduled Ancient Monument
- Geographic Location
- View this location on aerial imagery.
Errors and omissions