The plate-girder footbridge at Grisedale Crossing was installed by the London, Midland & Scottish Railway Company in 1936 and its design is unique within the SCRCA. It replaced a similarly configured timber version installed by the Midland Railway Company in 1886.
SCRCA structure 257890: Bridge SAC/122A - Grisedale / Lunds footbridge (PROW - footpath)
Key details from the Location Record
- Location Type
- Bridge (Overline)
- Location Variant
- Span - Cantilever
- Assessment status
- Current Use(s)
- Railway ops
- Shown on a land plan?
- Construction / installation period
- 2: MR construction phase (1869 to 31st Dec 1876)
- Distance from London St.Pancras
- 257 miles and 69 chains
- Position relative to running lines
- This location IS visible from nearby publicly accessible land.
- Accessibility (ease of access)
- Protection Category
- Conservation Area Only
- Geographic Location
- View this location on mapping. or on aerial imagery.
Errors and omissions