During the steam era, these scales were used to weigh large items of luggage and small items of freight to facilitate the calculation of carriage charges.
SCRCA structure 231265: Hellifield Station - Weighing scales (inset into platform)
Key details from the Location Record
- Location Type
- Weighing Scales
- Location Variant
- Not Applicable
- Assessment status
- Current Use(s)
- Disused, Heritage Exhibit
- Shown on a land plan?
- Construction / installation period
- 0: Construction period unknown
- Distance from London St.Pancras
- 231 miles and 25 chains
- Position relative to running lines
- This location IS visible from nearby publicly accessible land.
- Accessibility (ease of access)
- Protection Category
- Conservation Area Only
- Geographic Location
- View this location on mapping. or on aerial imagery.
Errors and omissions