This reservoir was built by the Midland Railway Company in 1907 to supply water to nearby Garsdale Water Troughs (see Structure 255910) via the adjacent tank house (see Structure 255900). The reservoir was formed by constructing an earth-bank dam (later strengthened with stone and concrete) across a nearby stream known as Cote Gill.
SCRCA Structure 255895: Reservoir for Garsdale Water Troughs
Key details from the Location Record
- Location Type
- Location Variant
- Not Applicable
- Assessment status
- Current Use(s)
- Shown on a land plan?
- Construction / installation period
- 2: MR construction phase (1869 to 31st Dec 1876)
- Distance from London St.Pancras
- 255 miles and 72 chains
- Position relative to running lines
- This location IS visible from nearby publicly accessible land.
- Accessibility (ease of access)
- Protection Category
- The structure or site is not currently protected
- Geographic Location
- View this location on mapping. or on aerial imagery.
Errors and omissions