The annotated photograph below shows the relative locations of four of the five main quarries on the western side of Ribblesdale in the Helwith Bridge area. Helwith Bridge Quarry is out of shot, approximately half a mile to the left of the photographer's location.
SCRCA site 240951: Helwith Bridge Quarries
Key details from the Location Record
- Location Type
- Rail-served Industry
- Location Variant
- Rail-Served Industry - Site Active
- Assessment status
- Current Use(s)
- Commercial, Railway ops
- Shown on a land plan?
- Construction / installation period
- Post-BR: Constructed by Railtrack or Network Rail between 1st April 1994 and the present day.
- Distance from London St.Pancras
- 240 miles (chains not estimated)
- Position relative to running lines
- This location IS visible from nearby publicly accessible land.
- Accessibility (ease of access)
- Protection Category
- The structure or site is not currently protected
- Geographic Location
- View this location on mapping. or on aerial imagery.
Errors and omissions