The brickworks was demolished as soon as it became redundant, but today's observant visitor can still identify its site by the remains of the demolished chimneys (which now take the form of two grass-covered piles of rubble) and a nearby pile of discarded bricks ('wasters').
SCRCA Structure 247785: Ribblehead Railway Construction Camp: Brickworks
Key details from the Location Record
- Location Type
- Archaeological Site
- Location Variant
- Archaeologal Site - Other
- Assessment status
- Current Use(s)
- Shown on a land plan?
- Construction / installation period
- 2: MR construction phase (1869 to 31st Dec 1876)
- Distance from London St.Pancras
- 247 miles (chains not estimated)
- Position relative to running lines
- This location IS visible from nearby publicly accessible land.
- Accessibility (ease of access)
- Protection Category
- Scheduled Ancient Monument
- Geographic Location
- View this location on mapping. or on aerial imagery.
Errors and omissions