This hut used by the permanent way workers responsible for maintaining the adjacent section of railway track, including the water troughs.
SCRCA structure 255890: Platelayers' Hut
Key details from the Location Record
- Location Type
- Platelayers' Hut
- Location Variant
- Exterior walls - Stone
- Assessment status
- Current Use(s)
- Shown on a land plan?
- Construction / installation period
- 0: Construction period unknown
- Distance from London St.Pancras
- 255 miles and 72 chains
- Position relative to running lines
- This location IS visible from nearby publicly accessible land.
- Accessibility (ease of access)
- Protection Category
- Conservation Area Only
- Geographic Location
- View this location on mapping. or on aerial imagery.
Errors and omissions