Bridge SAC/260C was constructed circa 1977 to allow a mineral conveyor to pass beneath the Settle-Carlisle railway, thereby linking Birkshead Mine with the gypsum processing plant at Kirkby Thore.
SCRCA structure 281170: Bridge SAC/260C - Stamp Hill / British Gypsum Conveyor (occupation)
Key details from the Location Record
- Location Type
- Bridge (Underline)
- Location Variant
- Span - Arch (single)
- Assessment status
- Current Use(s)
- Railway ops
- Shown on a land plan?
- Construction / installation period
- 5: BR operational phase (1st Jan 1948 to 31st Mar 1994)
- Distance from London St.Pancras
- 281 miles and 18 chains
- Position relative to running lines
- This location IS visible from nearby publicly accessible land.
- Accessibility (ease of access)
- Protection Category
- Conservation Area Only
- Geographic Location
- View this location on mapping. or on aerial imagery.
Errors and omissions