The 'Up' and 'Down' lie-by sidings at Ais Gill were provided to allow slow trains to be overtaken by faster trains.
SCRCA structure 259670: Ais Gill Lie-by Siding (Down)
Key details from the Location Record
- Location Type
- Location Variant
- Siding Type - Lie-by or Loop
- Assessment status
- Current Use(s)
- Shown on a land plan?
- Construction / installation period
- MR-C: Constructed by the Midland Railway Co. between 1869 and 31st December 1876.
- Distance from London St.Pancras
- 259 miles and 57 chains
- Position relative to running lines
- This location IS visible from nearby publicly accessible land.
- Accessibility (ease of access)
- Protection Category
- Conservation Area Only
- Geographic Location
- View this location on mapping. or on aerial imagery.
Errors and omissions