A signal box on - or very close to - this site controlled train movements in the Appleby Station area (including the station goods yard) between 1876 and October 14th, 1973. The original signal box was replaced in 1890.
SCRCA structure 277050: Appleby Signal Box (a.k.a. Appleby Station and Appleby West)
We do not currently have a meaningful
image of this site / structure.
If you have one that you are willing to share,
please Contact Us.
Key details from the Location Record
- Location Type
- Signal Box
- Location Variant
- Assessment status
- NOT yet assessed
- Current Use(s)
- Shown on a land plan?
- Construction / installation period
- 0: Construction period unknown
- Distance from London St.Pancras
- 277 miles and 5 chains
- Position relative to running lines
- This location is PARTIALLY visible from nearby publicly accessible land.
- Accessibility (ease of access)
- Protection Category
- Not Applicable - demolished or relocated
- Geographic Location
- View this location on mapping. or on aerial imagery.
Errors and omissions