Signal boxes on - or close to - this site controlled the north end of Appleby Station (including Midland Junction and the Engineers Yard) between August 2nd, 1875 and June 4th, 1951. The original structure on this site was replaced in 1890. The replacement structure was itself either replaced or 'raised' in 1904. That structure was destroyed by a fire and the replacement was constructed on the opposite side of the running lines - see structure 277420.
SCRCA structure 277360: Appleby North Junction Signal Box (1904 - 1951)
We do not currently have a meaningful
image of this site / structure.
If you have one that you are willing to share,
please Contact Us.
Key details from the Location Record
- Location Type
- Signal Box
- Location Variant
- Not yet classified.
- Assessment status
- NOT yet assessed
- Current Use(s)
- Shown on a land plan?
- Construction / installation period
- Unknown: The date / period of construction is not known.
- Distance from London St.Pancras
- 277 miles and 29 chains
- Position relative to running lines
- This location is PARTIALLY visible from nearby publicly accessible land.
- Accessibility (ease of access)
- Protection Category
- Not Applicable - demolished or relocated
- Geographic Location
- View this location on mapping. or on aerial imagery.
Errors and omissions