The section of 'Up' platform between the road and the WNW end of the main station building was constructed with a stone facing wall beside the track and solid infill behind the facing wall. The rest of the 'Up' platform was constructed with a timber deck on stone supports, with no facing wall beside the tracks. This mixed design was unusual for platforms on the Settle-Carlisle Railway.
SCRCA structure 284720: Culgaith Station - Passenger Platform (Up)
Key details from the Location Record
- Location Type
- Platform (for passenger use)
- Location Variant
- Platform - Single face
- Assessment status
- Current Use(s)
- Shown on a land plan?
- Construction / installation period
- MR-O: Constructed by the Midland Railway Co. between 1st January 1877 and 31st December 1922.
- Distance from London St.Pancras
- 284 miles and 60 chains
- Position relative to running lines
- This location IS visible from nearby publicly accessible land.
- Accessibility (ease of access)
- Protection Category
- Conservation Area Only
- Geographic Location
- View this location on mapping. or on aerial imagery.
Errors and omissions